Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sharing The News with The Family....




Since we were so close to Christmas we decided we would wait to tell the family(well, everyone but Callie bc she was impossible to hide this from)! We told Callie first bc she wanted some of my wine(that wasnt wine at all) and didnt understand why I wouldnt share...then we spilt the wine(that didnt smell like wine at all)! ha

Telling Wills family....

The weekend before Christmas we went with Wills Family to Atlanta to stay with Aunt Anthony. This seemed the perfect time to share the news with Wills family(as hard as it was not to tell mine first)! We had all been at dinner and were back at Aunt Anthonys(Will and I had to tell Melton and Linda first because they had quizzed us at dinner since I didnt drink...and Linda wanted to vicariously drink through me since she was already pregnant)! ha We had them fooled but decided to tell them on the way back to the house...It was very cute to watch Will get nervous....He didnt know what to say and then came up with the cutest line for his daddy(whom we were already on about quitting smoking for Linda and Melton's baby)! The conversation had been brought up again...so Will went over and put his hands on his dads shoulders and said, "Well, dad you now have 2 reasons to quit smoking because Aimee and I are having a baby too." Everyone screamed and it was much excitement... Wills family was so good about keeping my secret until I was able to tell my family. I am so glad we were able to share the news in Atlanta with Will's Aunt Anthony and Hartwig...they were so grateful and made us feel very special.

Telling my family....
We were planning on waiting until Christmas morning, which is also my mother's birthday, but Christmas Eve's Eve presented itself better. We were at my Grandmothers(Nannies, dads mom). I had a gift for my mom that I told her was for her house but really special for Jack Marshall too(this is my oldest sister, Blair's first child- his first christmas)...so unknowingly Blair gets out the video camera and records the entire thing(priceless)! My mom went to open the gift and when she opened it up, it was a plate with Jack's foot and hand prints(making a reindeer)...Everyone OOOOoooed and Aaahhhhed over the precious gift. Then she pulled back the tissue paper and her mouth dropped...she saw the little mittens on the next plate that read baby worsham...her head hit the back of the chair and she said nothing for a while- then Blair leaned over with the camera and saw it- she threw the camera down and had a pep rally right there- Everyone burst into tears...including Will which made us cry harder...it was so special and such a big surprise!!!!! We shared the news with my mother's family the same way on Christmas morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment